Posts tagged Jean Dujardin
Best Picture: The Artist
- All the pictures in this category have some merit, but the Artist was truly a film that stood above the rest. It’s different, fun, heartbreaking, and well-rounded in every way.
Best Director: Michel Hazanavicius, “The Artist”
- Alexander Payne (The Descendants) could give Hazanavicius a run for his money, but I really think Hazanavicius has produced a better quality film. The shots and execution of “The Artist” required more skill, in my opinion, than the relatively straight-forward directing approach Payne took.
Best Actor: Jean Dujardin, “The Artist”
- People are saying that Clooney will take this, and if that happens, then that result is a down-right SHAME (speaking of Shame, WHERE IS FASSBENDER’S NOMINATION?!?). Jean Dujardin was FLAWLESS as George Valentin. Clooney also gave a stellar performance, but it really pales in comparison to the larger-than-life (and extremely varied) performance Dujardin gave.
Best Actress: Meryl Streep, “The Iron Lady”
- This category slays me. If we are being honest, I think Viola Davis deserves to win for her work in “The Help.” Viola deserved to win an Oscar for her work in “Doubt,” if we want to throw it back, as she is the only actress I’ve ever seen upstage Meryl Streep on-screen. Unfortunately, Streep is most likely going to take it (and this is a list of who I think will win, not who should win).
Best Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer, “Beginners”
- Branagh for life, yo. But Plummer has swept this award season for this category, and I don’t think tonight will be any different.
Best Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer, “The Help”
- I would love to see Jessica Chastain take it if Spencer doesn’t, as both are equally deserving.
Best Animated Feature Film: Rango
Best Foreign Film: “A Separation,” Iran
Best Original Screenplay: “Midnight in Paris”
- I want Midnight in Paris to win because the film was one of the most unique films I saw all year. It was funny, smart, and witty - and I really think Allen deserves this one. If this doesn’t win, “Margin Call” will definitely take it.
Best Adapted Screenplay: “The Descendants”
Best Art Direction Hugo
Best Costume Design: Anonymous
Best Original Song: “Man or Muppet” from The Muppets
Best Original Score: The Artist
Best Documentary: Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory
Best Documentary (short): Incident in New Baghdad
Best Cinematography: War Horse
- "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" should take it.
Best Film Editing: The Artist
- Once again, “Dragon Tattoo” should take it
Best Makeup: Albert Nobbs
Best Sound Editing: Drive
- This is the one category where I went with my heart, knowing it won’t win. But everything is Drive, and Drive is everything.
Best Sound Mixing: War Horse
Best Visual Effects: Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Best Short Flim (animated): La Luna
Bets Short Film (live action): Raju